a moment of nostalgic nihilism
Monday, October 13, 2008
i want my 1995 back
my highland park
my hollywood
my glendale
and pasadena nothingness

to see the scared look on my high school friends' faces
for the last time
i was bleached blond,
dyed red
suddenly loud,
mean
and
alien

i want angry band fights
to play el arco iris
i want to scream along to falling sickness
"it's too easy to get all tangled up in life's big bed of nothing"

i want the controlled disarray
the school to drop out of
the jobs i would take
and definitely would leave
driving along
in my band-aid-on-cancer mustang
i was invincible
and the world owed me
goddammit
and it knew it did

women were scary
but beautiful
and new
i want those things
you first whispered to me
in the dark of your room

i was crazy and manic
depressed
and i said i hated 1995
but secretly,
deep
deep
deep down
inside
i was having
the time of my life.

wanting these things
brings me
closer to death
than i've ever been
because he promised
i could live
in 1995 one more time.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, October 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanting these things and needed these thing; it feels the same.

 
At 9:00 AM, October 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

needing, that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Direct Discourse


REGRESS

what dirt tasted like
the grey train slides slowly, howling deeply, tak...
three cans of painted revelry
someone moved the night
hollywood hot death machine
saturday morning funeral cartoon
from romance to rock
thinking, swinging, and missing.
kiss from a judas
number 12, crimson.