(i am) a chunk of unresolved gall lodged in the throat of logic.
Monday, March 20, 2006
disconnected.
stood there...
feeling like the punchline
to love's cruelest inside joke.

skull pressing against the cabinet,
holding to my ear
a piece of plastic
that,
when connected,
shoots
the sound of your voice
into my ear.

the trouble is,
with the same technology,
you
are able
to hear
my voice...

desperate
bitter
verbiage
falls
falls
falls
falls
like flocks of revving chainsaws
thrown
into plate glass windows.

you disconnect
because
i
am
disconnected.


[i don't blame you.]

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the analogy of disconnection... i.e. the phone line/heart/spirit/etc.

plus the red "falls" are nice eye candy.

 
At 9:40 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger NeeKwon said...

The title reminds me of Fight Club:
I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection. I am Jack's smirking revenge. I am Jack's broken heart. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise....good work, nice imagery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Direct Discourse


REGRESS

the cemetery ballot (a short story)
an epiphony, stolen.
photocopied and stapled
a fork in the road to decision
the billionaire is still a waiting corpse
proletariot complacent: random pieces of matter IV
syndicated flatline genome
night sky mainline
fresh water for rotting flowers
aristo-crash: the seasons.